1.02.2013

2012 in Review

2012 was quite the year for DCbijou - after relocating from Philadelphia to Washington DC, I found my stride and got attention for my travel accessories. Thanks to some support and help from family, I was able to participate in some local holiday craft fairs and gained some exposure to local customers. November and December were extremely busy months for me, and while I was exhausted, I felt extremely satisfied with what had been accomplished.

I became an official small business owner this year, following through the necessary steps to register my business. It was a big step for me, as I've never done anything like this before, but it feels great to have this as something to call my own. I hope it will continue to grow with your support!

There are lots of new and exciting things that I plan to work on for 2013 - creating and adding new products to my shop, selling at more handmade fairs, and expanding and streamlining what I want DCbijou to become. I really fell short on updating this blog regularly, but I'd like to at least start with posting something new every week, whether it's a peek into what I'm working on, or customer appreciation photos, or maybe even a tutorial or two for some DIY help.


Thank you to everyone that's stopped by the blog, facebook page, and etsy shop - it makes me so happy to create something that will be enjoyed by others. I smile when I think of where I've shipped my handmade items all around the globe. Keep on watching this space for updates, or you can find me on my other social media sites:




1 comment:

  1. Congrats! that is amazing news :D I am still using that beautiful cosmetic bag you made!

    ReplyDelete